All that I'm after is a LIFE full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with YOU!

Apr 15, 2008

What a difference 10years makes

Ten years ago today...

I checked into Baylor Hospital in Irving, Texas and by 7am my baby girl had been delivered via a scheduled c-section and was in the hospital's nursery. Little did I know that day, as I laid in recovery, that she and I both would undergo many challenges within the days and weeks ahead.

April 17, 1998

She faced a heart murmur & pneumothorax (several holes in her under-developed lungs), while I suffered from a heart condition of another kind. A broken heart and a crumbling marriage, abandoned by a young husband at the most difficult time of my life as I knew it. Those days were dark and troubling for both Ivy and I, in different ways of course...but we both fought through it and are stronger people today for what we endured during that time.

Ivy and I share a bond that only a mother who's child has almost been ripped from her earthly arms can understand. She is strong and stubborn, never admitting her faults, or handing out apologies...but she can also be kind and gentle, still and sweet...she can show honest care & concern for others who are hurting or down. She is my girl! A girl just like me! I understand her when no one else can. We are 2 peas in a pod, cut from the same cloth, Like mother, Like daughter... She is MY GIRL! A girl just like me!


Happy Birthday My Dear Ivy-Brooke

Mother's Day 1998

11 comments:

Becky said...

What a beautiful post that made me almost cry. I had to scroll down to "I love Jews" again to make myself laugh.

Bobbi said...

This is beautiful, both you and your daughter are strong, amazing, women.

Jayne said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday Ivy!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Happy birthday ivy! wonderful post, I'm weappy today! I didn't realize you live in DFW, I"m in weatherford!

Yvonne, Tonya, and Erica said...

Ok now I am crying! What a beautiful post and what a wonderful love you share.

Happy Birthday Ivy!

Jen said...

Lovely journaling.. Happy Birthday Ivy!

pakosta said...

love the name IVY!
she's so cute! sad but powerful & hopeful storY!
tara

Debbi said...

Very sweet, touching post. I admire your strength and for sharing this story!

Tera Fraley said...

How neat, what a touching story!! I bet you all are super close and all of it has only made you stronger!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday!!! Your story gave me goose bumps! It reminds me of my DD & my relationship, except for the difficulties when she was born. Although I have remarried, DD and I still claim that her and I are a TEAM!

Mom2Drew said...

Oh...SO touching!! What a story, thanks for sharing. Happy Birthday