All that I'm after is a LIFE full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with YOU!

Apr 19, 2008

Through my daughter's eyes...

When I upgraded to a DSLR back in February, my youngest daughter wanted my old camera. Since my older daughter had been given a very nice one for Christmas, I let my 9yr old have it. (with the condition she had to allow my husband to used it when he wanted). Today at the Farm was her 1st real opportunity to get out and about clickin'. To my surprise when I loaded the card tonight, she took 95 pictures - about 75 are in focus on what she intended to shoot! This one was my favorite.




by Ivy Palin


The dog is a stray taken in by our family member who lived there. Her name is ham-bone and she's pretty easy going! Ivy said ham-bone was laying down, so Ivy laid down to take her picture. I think she may have some potential!

13 comments:

Jess said...

What a GREAT shot! Ivy has a wonderful eye! I love that she laid down to get a more interesting perspective- that's something a lot of seasoned pros don't even do!

And she even got doggie catchlights! Awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW...what great comp! I love the sharp focus on this. Really great eyes too. She definitely has got some talent if 75 were in focus!

Becky said...

Good job, Ivy! She's got an eye for composition; most people would have just shot down on the dog.

Chell said...

Yep real potential there. this is a GREAT shot..

pat said...

Good for her! How fun to see things the way she saw them. I'd say she has potential to think outside the box!

Angela2932 said...

She does have potential! I love the close in crop, the perspective and the over-all composition! She did well!

Mom2Drew said...

Great eye and perspective!! She's going to go far.

Bobbi said...

That is great for a 9 year old! The eyes are amazingly in focus, tell her great job from me :)

Krista P said...

Really love the perspective. Sweet face.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

She did a great job! Very creative and good focus. She will make a great photographer!

Malisa said...

Angie- that is awesome! I love it when my kids take good pics- I have some that my 5 yr. old took of me and youngest dd- they were awesome- she took them with a heavy dslr too! I'd say she's got potential!

Sharon said...

So cute!! Love the perspective.

Jayne said...

Wow! What an awesome picture!!