All that I'm after is a LIFE full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with YOU!

Jul 30, 2008

Yummy Dinner!

Last night I made a amazing new recipe, shared with me by a friend, Vicki. It turned out really well...so I thought I'd share it will you all.



Mexican Cornbread Casserole - from the Kitchen of Vicki M.

1 box jiffy cornbread mix
1 can cream of corn
1 lb. ground beef
1 can Rotel - drained (I used traditional)
1 can whole kernel corn - drained
2 cups grated cheese


Mix Jiffy cornbread according to box instructions, add the cream of corn and set aside
Brown ground beef in pan (I added 1/2 a diced onion and 1 clove of garlic) drain of fat
add whole kernel corn
add Rotel

Using 9 x 13 pan, pour 1/2 jiffy & corn mix into pan...to cover bottom (will be thin)
next add beef, corn, rotel mixture
Top with remaining Jiffy & corn mix
sprinkle cheese all over top


Bake at 350 degree for 20-25 mins