All that I'm after is a LIFE full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with YOU!

Jul 14, 2008

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

Today I finished a project I got an idea for last week. I was killing time in a Dr.'s office brousing my CB2 catalog, when I saw this amazing mirror...

Well, at $99.95 plus tax & S/H...I wasn't about to buy it...but while drooling over it, an idea came to mind. I bought an unfinished pictures frame for a 12 x 12 photo, with a border of 3inches. I then found myself a 12 x 12 mirror tile (I was afraid they stopped making them back in the 70's). I put 2 coats of white paint on the unfinished frame to seal it and make for nice edges. I then went through my cardboard recycle pile (yes, I'm a bit green) and cut squares to fit the border of the frame from foods that are family favorites. I used Modge Podge to adhere them to the painted frame and then top coated 3 pretty thick layers to really seal it well and make it shiny. I put my mirror tile in and...Viola! My entire family is now in love with our $15.00 copy-cat frame...and we're gonna hang it in the kitchen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo, girl, this is super cute. Wanna make me one?;-p

Mika said...

Love that project. X Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)

Stacey said...

Super cute idea! I love it!