All that I'm after is a LIFE full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with YOU!

Oct 19, 2010

Banner Tutorial


After my recent post of banners, I had a few requests for more details...so here we go!
These banners were made via swaps with other scrappers, but could easily be done but one person with lots of creative juices flowing {lol}
The tags were sheets of 8.5 x 11 cardstock cut in half to form 2 - 4.25 x 5.5 Tags. I notched my corners 1inch in and 1inch down.
You create one tag for each letter in the word or phrase you want to spell on your banner. These were Happy Halloween - so 14 letters, plus one to start the banner, one to separate Happy from Halloween and one to end the banner. That made for 16 tags in all...thus 16 people signed up for spots in this banner swap. Each of those 16 people chose from the list of letters & dividers needed and created a tag and repeated it 15 times.

I've created several of this type banners on my own, but it does take awhile longer and I tend to stick to shorter words, as it can be challenging to come up with that many decorative ideas in one session. If you start early and have some real time to put into it, you'll have a wonderful banner you can use year after year.
I store these by folding them accordion style and placing them in gallon Ziploc bags.

1 comment:

Adair Lane said...

I have been stalking your blog and I have chosen you to teach me how to blog, is that possible? Can someone teach someone how to blog? If you had a class on blogging I would definitely take it!